As supporters of open source community middleware projects, and providers of commercial support and managed services for organisations with business-critical Apache Tomcat deployments, c2b2 is pleased to announce its speaker sponsorship of the inaugural Apache TomcatCon.
To be held at the Hilton Doubletree in Westminster, this is a full-day event designed to help Tomcat users expand their knowledge of key areas such as security, networking, deployment and performance. Hosted by Pivotal's Mark Thomas, and with guest speakers Rémy Maucherat and Jean-Frederic Clere from Red Hat, TomcatCon offers a great opportunity for to discuss the current Tomcat roadmap and ask questions of the team.
As co-sponsors of the event, we're giving away two free tickets worth £50 each - so if your organisation depends on Tomcat, enter our ticket draw now and give one of your team a chance to spend a day with the experts.
- 08.00 - Registration and Breakfast
- 09.00 - Introduction and Welcome
- 09.20 - State of the Cat by Mark Thomas (markt)
A review of the past year or so for Apache Tomcat, and a look forward to what is expected in the coming 12 months. In particular, this will include the progress of Tomcat 9 towards its first stable release.
- 10.20 What's new and upcoming by Rémy Maucherat (remm)
In this session Rémy will discuss the features recently added to Tomcat as well as new features currently being considered including HTTP/2, NIO, suspend/resume, async I/O uses, OpenSSL support and cloud clustering.
- 11.20 Break
- 11.40 Reverse Proxies, Load-Balancing & Clustering - Part 1 by Mark Thomas Apache Tomcat provides many options for expanding a Tomcat installation beyond a single instance. In this pair of presentations, Mark will review the options for load-balancing requests across multiple instances and for replicating session data between those instances. The pros and cons of each of the options will be discussed to enable attendees to make the right choices for their environment. The presentations will also cover common misconceptions and configuration mistakes to enable attendees to avoid those pitfalls.
- 12.40 Lunch
- 13.40 Reverse Proxies, Load-Balancing & Clustering - Part 2 by Mark Thomas
- 14.40 Tomcat from the Cluster to the Cloud by Jean-Frederic Clere (jfclere)
Using Tomcat in the cloud like in a cluster requires some work. The presentation will look to the problems and solutions to have a distributed application running in the cloud. A small cloud of Raspberry PI will be used to demo one solution using Kubernetes.
- 15.40 Break
- 16.00 Ask Us Anything
Mark Thomas (markt), Rémy Maucherat (remm) and Jean-Frederic Clere (jfclere)
This is your opportunity to ask Mark, Rémy and Jean-Frederic anything about working with Apache Tomcat. In addition to being able to ask any questions that occur to you during the day, there will be an opportunity to provide your questions in advance during this registration process.